Archive | Thursday , December 23 , 2010

Good News: Racist Tennis Commentator Mary Carillo Got Fired From ESPN Television!!!

Mary Carillo was fired from ESPN television this week!!  Carillo  has a history of making racist and sexist comments against the Williams Sisters and tennis  fans spoke up.

Good riddance Mary Carillo!!!

If tennis fans want to complain to ESPN television about any other tennis commentators here is the link.

LINK TO COMPLAIN TO ESPN TELEVISION:

http://espn.go.com/sitetools/s/contact/espntv.html

Sydney Morning Herald Article: Australian Neurosurgeon Admits To Manslaughter Involving Two Prostitutes.

Sydney surgeon to admit killing escort

Georgina Robinson

December 23, 2010 – 1:06PM

Suresh Nair ... accused of murder and manslaughter.Suresh Nair … murder charge withdrawn.

A Sydney neurosurgeon will plead guilty to the manslaughter of a Brazilian escort and to supplying another with cocaine.

Suresh Surendranath Nair, 42, was charged with the alleged murder of Suellen Domingues Zaupa, 22, on November 19 last year.

He was also charged with the manslaughter of Victoria McIntyre, 23, in February 2009 and was accused of supplying both women with cocaine during sex sessions.

Both women were found to have died from cocaine toxicity.

The prosecution today told Downing Centre Local Court that the charge of murder would be withdrawn and Mr Nair would plead guilty to the manslaughter of Ms Zaupa.

The charge of manslaughter relating to Ms McIntyre would be withdrawn.

Mr Nair would plead guilty to supplying her with cocaine, the court heard.

He would also plead guilty to supplying a prohibited drug while he was out on bail in January this year.

The agreement came at the end of committal proceedings before Magistrate Carolyn Barkell.

The court was told over four days earlier this month of extraordinary drug and sex sessions Mr Nair would hold in his luxury Elizabeth Bay apartment.

He would order two or more escorts of a night and spend hours with them, snorting and smoking cocaine well into the daylight hours.

On one occasion, the night Ms Zaupa died, he agreed to pay the young woman and another escort $26,000 each to engage in group sex with him without a condom, the court heard.

Ms Zaupa died later that night of a cocaine overdose while Mr Nair and the other escort looked on.

The court was also told the Mr Nair offered to pay the other escort $50,000 to keep quiet and then, on November 20, ordered three more escorts to come to his house and continue partying.

Ms Zaupa still lay dead in his bed when the group checked into a hotel and began ingesting more cocaine, one of the women, Janine Mieni, told the hearing.

Her body was found the next day.

Mr Nair did not apply for bail today. Sentencing proceedings will begin in the District Court on February 4.

Montreal Gazette Article: Canada’s Population Is Growing Due To Immigration.

Canada’s population growing because of immigration: StatsCan

By Rebecca Lindell, Postmedia News December 22, 2010 Comments (144)
Some of the country's youngest citizens, seen in this file photo, contributed to an increase of 129,300 people in Canada since July.

Some of the country’s youngest citizens, seen in this file photo, contributed to an increase of 129,300 people in Canada since July.

Photograph by: John Lucas, Edmonton Journal

OTTAWA — Canada’s population in the third quarter of 2010 was driven forward by the highest immigration rates seen in four decades, Statistics Canada says.

Canada’s population was estimated at 34,238,000 as of Oct. 1 — an increase of 129,300 since July. The federal agency said 65 per cent of that growth came from new Canadians during the three-month period, as 84,200 immigrants arrived in the country.

The influx reached most provinces and territories, some of which had their highest quarterly immigration levels since 1971.

Prince Edward Island recorded the highest growth rate, with its population increasing by 0.7 per cent. The increase was largely driven by the 1,200 immigrants who arrived in the province, Statistics Canada said, the highest number since 1971.

Quebec, too, welcomed its highest number of immigrants in the last four decades, with 16,800 people arriving from other countries during the quarter. Manitoba also surpassed records set in 1971, with 4,700 new Canadians arriving in that province.

While not breaking a record, immigrants made up 70 per cent of Ontario’s new arrivals during the period.

Alberta was the only province that had third-quarter growth driven by a “natural increase,” which made up 60 per cent of the growth.

Newfoundland and Labrador, on the other hand, actually faced a population decline in the third quarter, losing about 500 residents.

Growth driven by immigration is a trend the federal government said it expects to continue — at least through the end of 2010.

“In 2010, we should be landing the largest number of permanent residents in 50 years,” said Kelli Fraser, a spokeswoman for Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

Canada expects to welcome between 240,000 and 265,000 newcomers by the end of this year.

Fraser said that number is driven largely by a June announcement that Canada would open its doors to more immigrants, especially those in the economic category.

“The reason the announcement was made was because the post-recession economy is now demanding a high level of legal immigration to keep the workforce strong,” she said, adding that there also has been a high number of family reunification immigrants and refugees.

To date, the department said it has already made more decisions, issued more visas and admitted more people to Canada over last year.

It expects the numbers to stabilize at 2010 levels in 2011.

Read more: http://www.canada.com/Canada+population+growing+because+immigration+StatsCan/4015537/story.html#ixzz18x1Jnd6b