Toronto Star Article: American Actress Lindsay Lohan Out Of Rehab But Still Restricted By The Court.
New restrictions set as Lohan ends rehab
- /
Lindsay Lohan, shown at a probation status hearing on July 6, 2010, has been released two months early from a residential rehab program, but must be tested twice a week for drugs and alcohol and attend behavioural therapy classes twice a week.
Fresh out of rehab and keen for a new beginning, Lindsay Lohan was ordered Wednesday to continue drug counselling, submit to random testing and remain in Los Angeles until at least Nov. 1.
A judge in Beverly Hills, Calif., said the actress, who was released two months early from a residential rehab program, must be tested twice a week for drugs and alcohol and attend behavioural therapy classes twice a week.
Any positive results from the random drug and alcohol tests could see her back in jail for 30 days, Superior Court judge Elden Fox said, setting out new probation rules for Lohan.
Fox ordered another hearing on Nov. 1, at which point Lohan would be allowed to leave Los Angeles if all goes well.
Lohan, 24, was whisked out the back door of a Los Angeles rehab unit on Tuesday just 22 days into a three-month program ordered by the court for violating probation in a 2007 drunk driving and cocaine possession case.
The Mean Girls actress was released from jail earlier this month after serving 13 days of a 90-day sentence.
“She is looking forward to beginning anew and having a productive life and schedule,” Lohan’s lawyer Shawn Chapman Holley told reporters after Wednesday’s hearing, which Lohan did not attend.
“She has changed. She is healthy, clear-headed positive and looking forward,” the lawyer said, adding that Lohan “has complied with all that has been asked of her.”
Media reports have said that Lohan, whose movie career has foundered over the past three years, could command up to $1 million for her first post-rehab and post-jail interview, while her fee for appearances at red carpet events in Los Angeles and New York could range from $25,000 to $100,000.
She is also expected to receive a flood of offers for TV work. Donald Trump said earlier this week he had been discussing a possible appearance on the next Celebrity Apprentice reality competition show with Lohan, but had not yet made a decision.
Lohan was released from rehab early because doctors treating her felt that a 90-day stay was unnecessary, Holley said. They advised the court that outpatient care would be more beneficial, and would allow Lohan to resume work.
Holley could not comment on media reports that Lohan had previously been misdiagnosed with bipolar disorder, or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
“She is now looking forward to continuing therapy as an outpatient that will allow her to move forward in her work and life,” the lawyer said.
Lohan was considered one of Hollywood’s most promising actress with movies like Mean Girls and The Parent Trap, but in the past two years she has been hitting the headlines repeatedly for nights on the town and bizarre behaviour.
Lohan’s legal troubles have delayed shooting on her next movie in which she will play 1970s porn star Linda Lovelace. She was last in movie theatres with the 2007 flop I Know Who Killed Me.